Monday, December 2, 2013

WeLcOmE ALL!


Hi There!
Welcome to my very first blog ever! Took awhile to get it started but here goes it!
5k along the way......

Within this blogspot of mine you will get to read about my adventures in life. Currently I am training for a 5k marathon. This began when I started to feel down about myself. I had a super awesome fun filled summer full of camp fires, beer and FOOD, lots of food. So after all those fun times comes the consequences of ignoring exercise... Aka, weight gain. So instead of staying down and pitting about myself I decided to do something about it! I have always been a very physically active individual, but as you grow older priorities begin to change and life gets busy, real busy. Exercise goes out the window and what are you left with? Unwanted body fat. So I began being more active, going on more walks, hikes, and  also using the treadmill. Even though I personally hate treadmill running I knew I had to just do something, anything. 

Now, don't get me wrong, I of all people know that this is all easier said than done. 
On this blog of mine you will read about my adventure of getting back into a fit body. And to do this I figured that I might as well commit myself to a 5k since I would already be doing all the exercise a participant would be doing. Might as well put it to good use. I have never ever participated in a 5k race. Though I have lifeguarded 3 triathlons before and have always been curious of the motivation behind these participants. 


In turn I hope that my journey of this first 5k race will inspire you as you read my postings along the way. I will be sharing my cook blog too. I have been motivating myself into a healthier lifestyle and with exercise comes healthy food and boy do I LOVE food!


So please enjoy my 5k along the way and don't forget.

Spread the Running Joy! 

~ Maddie J.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment