Thursday, December 5, 2013

Personal Challenge

Pushing through my 5th week of Training...


Tuesday I jogged my best time for my 2 mile jog. Wednesday I awoke sore and tired so instead of jogging I decided to use this  as a day to stretch, relax, and take it easy. On Monday the 2nd I twisted my ankle during my warm up pretty bad. I walked it off, and didn’t let it stop me from running. Today I will be completing a personal challenge of not only going faster, but also adding 1.4 miles to my jog. I want to push myself and try to jog this distance as hard, and fast as I can. This will allow myself to finally see if I can jog the 5k distance. I will finally be adding distance into my weekly routine.

Am I nervous??
You bet! I've been putting this off for a couple weeks now. But I have full confidence in myself that I can do it! I will be getting into race mode in the morning to energize myself. I have planned to wake up early and have my daily coffee and bagel for breakfast with maybe even an apple. I will have this at least 2 hours before I run my longest distance yet. I am also geared up to stay hydrated since drinking coffee has a natural dehydrating effect.

5th week jog records:
Sunday dec 1 - 2 miles 45 minutes- walked more than usual.
Monday dec 2 - 2 miles 29.37
Tuesday dec 3 - 2 miles - 25.13 minutes
Wed dec 4 - yoga stretch, day of rest
Thursday dec 5 - 3.4 miles - TBD

Spread the Running Joy!
~Maddie J.

No comments:

Post a Comment