Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving turkey left over recipes....mmm

The time old question after Thanksgiving has passed... What to do with your left over Turkey? Using your left over turkey from Thanksgiving is always delicious no matter the way you use it.

After a couple days of awesome TurBacon sandwiches with cranberry sauce on them, it was lunch time again and I wanted to fresh new way to eat my yummy left overs.

I decided to tweak a few recipes that were common in our house in able to use the turkey. 

First I made turkey Fajitas. They were absolutely delicious!! Mmm, were they good. Then for lunch the next day I created a fresh new recipe from a previous experiment day and boy did it turn out great!

Bell Pepper, olives, Parmesan cheese and bow tie noodles, all with shredded left over turkey. Below is the recipe. 

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Next time I make this I will probably stick with my original experiment recipe of adding a strip or two of bacon as well as a tablespoon of bacon grease. I have added this into the recipe since I am confident it will be amazing altogether.

Bow tie noodles, turkey, bacon, parmesan cheese and veggies.

Ingredients you will need:

1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Orange Bell Pepper
1 can of olives, chopped. < the amount added into the meal is personal preference choice.
Parmesan Cheese
1 to 2 Strips of Bacon< depending on amount of servings you are making.
Turkey left overs
Bow tie noodles
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Tools you will need:

Aluminum foil, for broiling peppers.
Cookie sheet/ Oven safe pan, for broiling your peppers
Pot, for boiling noodles.
Mixing bowl.

These ingredients altogether make about 2-3 servings.

How to do it:

First I preheat my oven to broil while I prepare the bell peppers. Get your oven safe pan out, cover it with aluminum foil. Cut the peppers into halves and remove the seeds from the insides. After that is done place them flat onto the aluminum with the skin side facing down. Now you are ready to begin broiling your peppers. 

Now in the mean time, start to boil your noodles until desired softness has been achieved. At the same time you begin your noodles start cooking your bacon strips, I like my bacon crunchy. Then prep your olives, if needed, and shred your left over turkey. Set aside for later. 

As your noodles finish, strain them, and drizzle Parmesan Cheese on top of the noodles. Since the noodles should still be hot this will allow the Parmesan Cheese to melt a bit. Let noodles cool while you take care of other ingredients.

Now the peppers should be about finished, the skins should look burnt. This is perfect! It makes them easier to peel the skins off. Take the peppers out of the oven, let cool, then peel the skin and cut into desired dices/ sizes. 

After this the bacon should be finished too. You can let the bacon cool if you like or take a fork and knife and cut it up into pieces. Add the peppers, olives, bacon and shredded turkey into the mixing bowl. {Also you can choose to add more Parmesan Cheese if you'd like as well. This can be done separate with the noodles only in the pot and add the Parmesan cheese to melt and coat the noodles. My Parmesan cheese and noodle recipe will be available soon. Lately I have preferred to not do this step and enjoy the meal cool with less cheese.} Then add in the noodles and  once more drizzle with parmesan cheese and add the tablespoon of bacon grease. Stir together all ingredients. Add salt and pepper. 

Your done! Depending on preference you can serve cool or heat it all up inside your pot. 
Also you can choose to add more Parmesan Cheese if you'd like as well. This can be done separate with the noodles only in the pot and add the Parmesan cheese to melt and coat the noodles. My Parmesan cheese and noodle recipe will be available soon. Lately I have preferred to not do this step and enjoy the meal cool with less cheese.

The picture below is from a time where I only had limited ingredients at home and decided to make the recipe anyway. -This is minus the green pepper and bacon.- Also I only had half peppers of each to work with so I trimmed down the recipe to fit my ingredients. 

This recipe can be tweaked and changed for the amounts of the ingredients all due to the amount of people you are feeding and your preference on veggies or meat. 

Have fun and enjoy your yummy left overs!
Let me know what you think!
~Maddie J.








No comments:

Post a Comment