Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Maximizing your propane oven capabilities!


I have been trying to create yummy recipes for daily dinner meals by putting a lot of time and effort for the freshest ingredients making the perfect tasty combinations. It is such a shame to put so much effort into my meals just to find out I am not using my oven to its full capabilities. I will admit I am the one who usually, not always, but usually burns the bottom of my delicious fluffy homemade dinner rolls.

As I have been dedicating so much of my time into preparing these meals before hand I have decided to beat this problem and leave it in the dust. I have done my research about my propane oven and found that I have been having a heat distribution problem.

How to fix heat distribution in your propane oven:

I will be buying 4 unglazed tiles to place on the top of the thin metal shelf right above the open propane flame. I will also make sure I do NOT block the vent holes running along side the shelf to allow air circulation. The unglazed tiles will be the heat conductor for my propane oven. I will continue to place my baking dishes on my metal rack as usual.
*I will most likely be buying the tiles from Home Depot.

Check back for photo updates and the results as I have added these unglazed tiles to my shopping list for this week. I hope this helps your baking in your propane oven. Let me know how the baking goes please. I’d love to hear your experience!

Good Luck!
~Maddie J.

No comments:

Post a Comment